Yes you probably have health insurance to look after your health if you become ill and car insurance to take car of you should your health suffer as a result of a car accident. But isn’t that paying someone else to buy Cantharellus look after your health after things go wrong ? A bit like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted ? What are you doing, or, what should you be doing to look after your health right now ?
Do you get regular health check ups ? Do you exercise & eat all the right foods that are beneficial to your health ? Do you use health care products such as health supplements ? Do you smoke, drink or take drugs ? Are you aware of how these habits affect your health ?
I’m willing to bet that you make darn sure you look after your children’s health, making sure that they are not doing anything that is going to cause long term damage to their health ? But who is watching your health ? Who’s making sure you are not doing anything to damage your health ?
Health is probably something we all take for granted & only realise how important our health is when we are ill or someone close to us is suffering from ill health. However if we all do nothing in regard to our health now, waiting until we begin to suffer from ill health & then trying to do something about it may be too late as we may have already done irreparable damage to our health. If you could do something now to prevent one of your assets diminishing, such as your bank balance, your home or your car would you ? Yes of course you would, so what about your most valuable asset, your health ?
Well it’s about time that someone took control of your health, and that someone is you ! Take control of your health now and make sure that valuable asset, your health, is well and truly looked after. Here are some suggestions that might help you to look after your health:
- Get regular health check ups. If you have a good health insurance these are probably insisted upon. After all we all give our cars regular “health” checks, isn’t our health more important than the health of our vehicles?
- Make sure you eat a healthy diet. Even if you don’t need to loose weight the right diet can help to improve your health.
- Take regular exercise. 30 minutes a day at least 5 days a week, even if it’s just a couple of 15 minute strolls, that’s not to great a chore to protect a valuable asset – your health.
- If you smoke, stop now ! This is probably the best thing you can and ever will do for the sake of your health.
- Cut down on your alcohol intake. Stick to the recommended guidelines for sensible drinking – for your health’s sake.